When I think of Disney and Halloween, I think of one thing – MICKEY PUMPKINS! The Magic Kingdom is covered in Mickey Pumpkins this time of year and they are my favorite thing! So when I got home last October from our fall trip to Walt Disney World, I was inspired to make my own Mickey Pumpkins but editable ones. So cupcakes it was, and that’s how we ended up with these adorable Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn on qualifying purchases.
What You Need to Make Mickey Pumpkins Cupcakes
All you need to make these cupcakes is the following ingredients:
- Your favorite cupcake mix, we use Pillsbury Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix but we prefer the Funetti when we can find it.
- Orange Cupcake Liners
- Wilton Black Candy Melts for the ears
- Tootsie Rolls
- Your Favorite Icing Colored Orange
- Decorating bag with a star tip
How to Make Mickey Pumpkin Cupcakes
These are super simple to make, even the kids can make them. First thing you need to do is bake your cupcakes according to package directions. Once they are baked and cooled you need to make your icing, unless you are using can icing. We made the Wilton Buttercream because it’s our favorite!
Once your icing is made, put it in your decorator bag with the star tip. Next put some Tootsie Rolls and candy melts in bowls to make it easier. Now it’s time to decorate your cupcakes.
To decorate your cupcakes here’s what you do:
- Ice your cupcake in a circular pattern going counter clockwise starting on the outer edge going towards the center like you are making a spiral type design.
- Next place the candy melt to make the ears of your Mickey Pumpkin
- Then put a Tootsie Roll in between your Mickey’s ears, this is the “stem” of your pumpkin
- Rinse and repeat until you are done decorating all of your cupcakes.
That’s it, I told you it was super simple! If you need help on how to ice your pumpkin just watch the video below.