Are you looking for the perfect way to spend time with your significant other this summer? The sun is out, the days are long, and it is time to change those date night/day routines. Whether you are in a serious relationship, married, or just starting something new we have some sizzling ideas to make your Summer date night in New Orleans HOT!
Take a Sightseeing Tour
New Orleans is known for many historic sites. Summer is one of the best times to be a tourist. You can do everything from taking a Ghost Tour to a Garden District Tour. While we live in a city of fulled with amazing tours you can always plan your own tour by using sites like Free Tours by Foot.
Go on a Hike
Take a hike we suggest Couturie Forest in City Park or the Lafitte Barataria Preserve-New Orleans. Which ever you choose, be sure to bring a picnic lunch and take time to enjoy each other’s company.
Cool Down by a New Orleans Pool
New Orleans is home to some of the best pools. Many pools allow locals to visit for the day. So if a Staycation is not on your agenda check out these pools.
- Ace Hotel-Free admission with a $20 bar purchase
- The W Hotel French Quarter- $30 admission, can be used for food and drink credit
- Le Meridien Hotel-Locals are free on the weekends, they do have a BYOT (Bring Your Own Towel) policy.
- The Drifter Hotel-Admission is $5-$10
- The Country Club-Admission is $8-$15
Grab a Cocktail on a Rooftop
There is nothing better than sipping your favorite cocktail while looking down at your favorite city. We found some pretty good rooftop bars that the Big Easy has to offer.
- Hot Tin- Pontchartrain Hotel
- Rooftop Terrace-Catahoula Hotel
- The Frenchman Hotel
- Alto-Ace Hotel
Taste Some of the Newest Fare in NOLA
In NOLA there is always new restaurants opening. We found some of the newest places in the city.
- Taceaux Loceaux-737 Octavia St., New Orleans
- Bordeaux-4734 Magazine St., New Orleans
- Zasu-127 N. Carrollton Ave., New Orleans
- Gianna-700 Magazine St., New Orleans
- Justine-225 Chartres St., New Orleans
Road Trip It- For the Day
Do you need to get away but don’t really have the time? We found some great date road trip ideas that are just a short distance from the Crescent City.
- Abita Springs, LA- Abita Brewery Tour/Abita Mystery House
- Avery Island, LA-Tabasco Tour/Jungle Gardens
- Breaux Bridge, LA-Bayou Teche Experience
- Gulfport, MS-Ship Island/Beaches/Shopping
- St. Francisville, LA-Tunica Hills/Myrtles Plantation/Shopping
- Vacherie, LA-Oak Alley Plantation
Need some more ideas? Check out our post on 20 day trips you can take from New Orleans.
City Park has so much to offer. You can literally make it a whole date day/night.
- Sculpture Gardens- They now have 2 and both are free admission.
- Grab some beignets- Cafe Du Monde does have a truck in the Morning Call location.
- City Putt
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Botanical Garden
Fest with the Best
As we all know NOLA is home of some of the best Festivals. Festivals are the perfect date ideas. Below are some you can catch this summer.
- Essence Fest-7/4-7/7/19
- Running of the Bulls-7/12-7/14/19
- Tales of the Cocktail-7/16-7/21/19
- Bastille Day-7/12-7/14/19
- White Linen Night-8/3/19
- Red Dress Run-8/10/19
- Dirty Linen Night-8/10/19
Need more date night ideas? We have a list of 50 Of the Best Date Nights In New Orleans or you could go have brunch at one of these amazing brunch spots in New Orleans. Whatever you do, make it fun and you’ll both love your New Orleans Summer Date!