There is some rain in forecast for Halloween. Will it be a lot of rain? A little? Rain at night during Trick or Treat? This is Southeast Louisiana so that’s really anyone’s guess, including the professionals. We can’t let a little rain spoil our Halloween fun, this is New Orleans after all! We came up with these rainy Halloween alternatives in New Orleans for you and your family!
Go Trick or Treating Indoors
Most of our area malls offer trick or treating rain or shine, along with area libraries and other places. So hit them up and go trick or treating indoors!
- Mall-O-Ween: Head over to the Esplanade Mall from 6-9pm on October 30th for some trick of treat fun! FREE!
- Boo at the View: FREE mallwide trick or treating, entertainment, games and more at Clearview Mall on Halloween Night from 2-6pm.
- St. Francis Villa Assisted Living Center Trick or Treat: 3-5pm at 10411 Jefferson Hwy, River Ridge. Residents will be handing out candy and treats.
- Trick or Treating: Safe and FREE trick or treating from 4-6 at Lakeside Mall.
- Trick or Treat at the Mid City Library: Stop by in your Halloween best from 4-6pm, try to spook the staff and get a treat bag! They will also have a creepy craft station set up. Ages 0-12.
If going to the mall or the library isn’t your thing, have a indoor candy hunt inside your house.
Have a Halloween Movie Night
Settle in with some candy, popcorn, and pizza and have a movie night. We have a list of Kid Friendly Halloween movies that the whole family can enjoy!
Some of our local libraries are hosting a movie night for teens on Halloween night as well…
- Rosedale Library , 4036 Jefferson Hwy., Jefferson, LA, is showing The Nightmare Before Christmas for teens and tweens from 3-4:55. Registration required. Register at the front desk with a valid ID with a library card or account.
- West Bank Regional Library is showing Ouija in the teen center from 3-5pm.
Have Halloween Fun at the Library
Spooky stories, crafts, and even some events for the big kids. Both the New Orleans Public Library and the Jefferson Parish Library have you covered for indoor Halloween Fun!
Halloween Game Night
Have family game night, Halloween style! Play mummy wrap, or pumpkin bowling, glow in the dark ring toss, pin the spider on the web! Bob for apples! So many fun games you can play, or you can just play Monopoly, it will take all night!
Create Some Spooky Fun
Put together some Halloween crafts, or make a fun Halloween recipe. Decorate your own Halloween cookies or spooky cupcakes! The ideas are endless. We have these two spooky recipes for you to try.
Go Out To Eat
New Orleans is a city of restaurants and Halloween night is a great time to go out to eat. Not sure where to go? We have a great list of kid friendly restaurants in New Orleans. Not to mention a lot of places are doing special Kids Eat Free and Cheap Promotions for Halloween Night.
Throw a Halloween Party
Invite family and friends over for a mini Halloween party! Play Halloween games, make some spooky treats and have a great time with your favorite people.
So even if you don’t go trick or treating, do something special to celebrate the holiday! The kids won’t miss going door to door and you won’t have to get wet and cold and have tired feet!