Here are some of the sites offering breakfast and/or lunch for students.
Please keep checking back for more information as this list will be periodically updated.
Sponsored by Rapid Urgent Care
- St. Dominic School – Breakfast & Lunch – Grab N’ Go Meals – March 16 – April 13 – Monday – Friday 9-12 – Available to all children in Lakeview under 18.
- Melba’s Old School Po-Boy, 1525 Elysian Fields, New Orleans, LA – Breakfast (7 – 9) & Lunch (12-2) – For any child in need
- Akili Academy of New Orleans – Breakfast & Lunch – March 17 – April 13 – Monday – Friday 9-12
- Inspire Charter Schools – March 18 – school closures – Breakfast & Lunch – Grab N’ Go Meals – March 16 – April 13 – Monday – Friday 9-12
- New Orleans Public Schools are opening up several sites for grab n’ go breakfasts & lunches, please visit HERE for locations & hours.
JP Schools Offering Grab & Go Meals, as well as Optional At-Home Learning Resources.
Meals will be provided weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning March 18. Families can pick up the first round of printed learning packets in the grab and go meal line March 18-20. New packets will be available March 30 through April 2.
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary: 6818 Kawanee Drive in Metairie
- Emmett Gilbert School: 435 S. Jamie Blvd. in Westwego
- Fisher: 2529 Jean Lafitte Blvd. in Lafitte
- Gretna Middle: 910 Gretna Blvd. in Gretna
- Hazel Park Elementary: 8809 Jefferson Hwy. in River Ridge
- Marie Riviere Elementary: 1564 Lake Ave. in Metairie
- Marrero Middle: 4100 7th Street in Marrero
- Meisler Middle: 3700 Cleary Ave. in Metairie
- Riverdale High: 240 Riverdale Drive in Jefferson
- Terrytown Elementary: 550 E. Forest Lawn Drive in Terrytown
- Truman School: 5417 Ehret Road in Marrero
- Woods Elementary: 1037 31st Street in Kenner
- Worley Middle: 801 Spartans Drive in Westwego
- For those of you who are temporarily out of work, Nacho Mama’s Elmwood is designating itself as a community help center. They are giving away free tacos to impacted hospitality industry workers. Just pull up to the curbside and grab yourself a free taco or 2. They are located at 1000 S Clearview Pkwy, New Orleans, LA 70123.
- Emergency food stamps given for families with children in school, due to school closures in Louisiana. Go on website to apply. LA Dept of Child & Family Services.http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/360Edit: They will announce eligibility requirements in the event that DSNAP is activated after a disaster. Everyone should apply, even if the child doesn’t qualify for free or reduced lunch.http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/news/778
- Arabella Casa di Pasta: B We are preparing to-go pastas and salads free of charge and available for pick up from 4:00 p.m until supplies last. There will be a donation jar that will go 100% to our employees to help them through this month. Please be generous and stay safe!
Restaurants Offering To-Go/Drive-Up Meals
Please make sure to call or check social media for updates.
- Lakeview Harbor
- Knuckleheads Bar & Grill
- Two Tony’s
- Cafe Navarre
- Mr. Roo’s Deli & Catering
- Vincent’s in Metairie
- DBC Bar & Grill
- Canal Street Bistro
- The Harbor Bar & Grill
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Dennis’ Seafood
About Rapid Urgent Care
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern.
Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats ailments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a sprained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.