It’s beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving. This month we have designed the perfect agenda leading to Turkey Day and bringing you down the home stretch to close out the month. Come Gobble up the fun with 30 Things To Do In November In New Orleans With Kids sponsored by Rapid Urgent Care.
The number represents the date, and * denotes the event is FREE.
- Jam out to the Top Cats from 6:30 pm- 8:30pm as they return to the Lafreniere Live Fall Concert Series.*
- Kick off your shrimp boots and party, because it’s the 21st Annual Bucktown Seafood Festival! *
- It’s the Great Inflatable Race at NOLA Motorsports Park in Avondale! Slide on in and create memories of a lifetime.
- Get tickets for Family fun in LaSalle Park from Big Bounce America.
- One person’s trash is another person’s treasure at the St. Roch Yard Sale. Set up your good among other crafters,artists and junkies, as well as perusing what others have to offer.*
- Middle School students partner with younger children to help build literacy skills for the Crescent City Reading Buddies Book Club at the Rosa F. Keller Library & Community Center.*
- Let the kiddos attend a cooking class with Chef Sally and learn to make mini quiche and Hello Dolly Pies. Head out to the Rouses on Tchoupitoulas at 5:30pm for a delicious treat.
- Step into a world where students control their learning, diversity is the “norm” and “every child is a genius” at NOLA Micro Schools’ Open House.*
- No matter how you pronounce it, the Pecan Fest at St. Rita Church will be fun for the whole family from 6pm- 11:55pm.*
- Do you march to the beat of your own xylophone? Well great, now you can do that while checking out 8 of the most eccentric homes in NOLA. The “Weird Homes Tour” is guided by the one and only you, and traveled at your own pace.
- Eat them naked or dressed. The Oak Street Po-Boy Festival will serve po-boys how you like best.
- Forget the turkey, meet up with Ronnie and the gang for a Thanksgiving Sushi Jam at Sake Cafe of Chateau From 5pm-9pm.
- Teens can come “park” on the floor of the East Bank Regional Library for a showing of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them from 4:30pm-6:30pm.*
- Bring your Little Acorns to the Botanical Garden in City Park for a story, as well as activities and a snack with friends from 10am-11am.
- Rock around the French Market District Christmas Tree during the Annual Lighting Ceremony from 4pm-6pm. *
- Have some fun together at Family Game Night hosted at Joe Brown Rec. Center from 6pm- 7:30pm.*
- Get revved up to construct your day around JLNO Touch A Truck event at the Pontchartrain Center.
- It’s a Family Party at Celebration in the Oaks where the littles are royalty, and the parents don’t have to lift a finger. Come out casual for fun for the Family Preview Party in City Park.
- Turn New Orleans into the setting for your Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure.
- Come for the free kids activities and live music. Stay for the Thanksgiving shopping at the Old Metairie Farmers Market.*
- Bring your deck for dueling during Teen Yu-Gi-Oh! Wednesdays at the New Orleans Public Library.*
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Support NOLA and SHOP LOCAL businesses for all of your BLACK FRIDAY deals.
- Get moving as NOLA dogs race to the Rescue in their 5K Fun Run benefiting Zeus’ Rescues.*
- Come shake your tail at Pet Fest in Lafreniere Park.*
- Use your skills and imagination to create crafts, STEM activities, food and fun on Maker Monday at the East New Orleans Regional Library.*
- The most wonderful time of year is upon upon us. Celebrate the magic of the Season at the 125th Annual Lobby Lighting Ceremony at The Roosevelt New Orleans.*
- Sing Hey Diddle-Diddle along with the story, as well as make cat ears at the East Bank Regional Library from 11am-12pm. It’s the purrrrrfect Story Time with Craft: Cats, for ages 3-5.*
- Join Susan Larson and Nancy Dixon at the Martin H. Latter Library Branch as they discuss New Orleans 300: 300 Years of Great Stories.*
- Celebrate the life and legacy of Aretha Franklin as NOJO pays tribute.
Have a great November! What’s on your must do list this month?
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats aliments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a sprained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.