One of the most magical times to visit Walt Disney World is during the fall months. While the weather can still be hot and muggy, the decorations will have you thinking about sweaters and pumpkin spice everything. Mickey pumpkins, fall leaves, and other fall decor magically transform Disney World into a fall wonderland. Here are five reasons to visit Walt Disney World in the fall.
Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Eat and drink around the world at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. This yearly festival is one of the highlights of the year at Epcot. There will be over 30 food and beverage locations all over Epcot allowing you to sample food and beverages all over the world from August 30,2018-November 12, 2018. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival is included with your park admission however some events may have an additional fee and/or need advanced reservations. Not to be missed in 2018 are:
- Party for the Senses in the World Showcase – a tasting event that will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips combined with live entertainment featuring acclaimed chefs and vintners on September 22, 2018, October 6, 13, & 20, 2018 and November 10, 2018.
- Eat to the Beat Concerts will happen three times nightly at the American Gardens Theater with live music from artists such as Vertical Horizon, 98 Degrees, Sheila E and more.
- On Wednesday and Thursdays guests can interact with visiting chefs, mixologists and other pros at Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!
- Play Remy’s Ratatouille Hid n Squeak, a Ratatouille inspired scavenger hunt that the whole family can play together.
- Kids of all ages can dance and party with their favorite characters every Friday and Saturday evening at the Character Dance Party.
- Junior Chef Kitchen is a complimentary experience at the Festival Center happens each Sunday. Kids can make and eat their creation and become junior chefs.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
MNSSHP, as it’s called, is the MUST do event of the fall at Walt Disney World. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event that happens on select nights from August 17, 2018 through October 31,2018 at the Magic Kingdom. Prices start at $75 for adults and $70 for children ages 3-9. Advanced ticket purchases are recommended, you can purchase tickets and see all the dates at MickeyHalloween.com.
This year in to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Hocus Pocus there will be a new castle stage show at Cinderella Castle called Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular. I can’t wait to see what the Sanderson Sisters and their villain friends are up to. In addition to the stage show there will be trick or treating around the park, special character meet and greets, and Mickey’s Boo To You Parade. Ending the night will be Happy Hallowishes over Cinderella Castle.
Also new this year:
- Guest on Pirates of the Caribbean will interact with live pirates on the look out for Gunpowder Pete.
- The Mad Tea Party will have special lighting and effects.
- Space Mountian gets a new soundtrack for the party.
- Over in Storybook Circus there is a new dance party. The Storybook Circus Disney Junior Dance Party will include characters such as Doc McStuffins and Timon from the Lion Guard.
- In Frontier Land, Cactus Flower Cate will encourage children to show off their Halloween costumes in the Frontier Costume Promenade as they go on a quest for CANDY!
Don’t forget to grab your exclusive “Orange Bird Juice-o-Lanterns” Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card.
Disney Junior Dance Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Coming this fall to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a brand no experience for kids! Join friends from Mickey and the Roadster Racers, Doc McStuffins, The Lion Guard and Vampira in a high energy dance party with special effects. Don’t forget to stop by Toy Story Land while you’re in DHS!
Eat and Shop at Disney Springs
Formally known as Downtown Disney, Disney Springs is a great place to take a break from the parks and eat and shop. There is also live entertainment through out the day and I hear DS really comes alive at night. Our personal favorite for a quick bite to eat is Cookes of Dublin for their gluten free onion rings. This fall Disney Springs is getting two new restaurants Jaleo which will offer a menu of tapas that reflects the rich regional diversity of traditional and contemporary Spanish cuisine and Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill. Also later this fall the new World of Disney store will be reveled and promises to be full of magic.
Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend
For all you runners out there, the runDisney season starts November 1-4, 2018 with the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. The marathon will have a 5k, 10k, half marathon and kids races. Also included is the Disney Two Course Challenge with a 10k and half marathon on consecutive days.
Now go grab your PSL from Starbucks and enjoy the fall magic in the happiest place on earth!
Are you ready to meet the Mouse and have the most magical vacation EVER! Email me email@example.com for a free quote. I can help you plan your trip to the most magical world at no extra cost to you!