We love all things Disney in our house. We are also very fond of Christmas. So why not combine our two favorite things and create something special that combines the love of both. That’s how we came up with these super simple and easy Santa Mickey Cupcakes. You can have them ready for a school party or just for because, and since they are so easy, ANYONE can make these.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn on qualifying purchases.
What You Need to Make Santa Mickey Cupcakes
All you need to make these cupcakes is the following ingredients:
- Your favorite cupcake mix, we use Pillsbury Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix but we prefer the Funetti when we can find it.
- Red Cupcake Liners
- Wilton Black Candy Melts for the ears
- Mini Marshmallows for Santa’s Hat
- Your Favorite Icing Colored Red
- Decorating bag with a star tip
How to Make Santa Mickey Cupcakes
These are super simple to make. So easy anyone can make them. First thing you need to do is bake your cupcakes according to package directions. Once they are baked and cooled you need to make your icing, unless you are using can icing. We made the Wilton Buttercream because it’s our favorite!
Once your icing is made, put it in your decorator bag with the star tip. Next put some mini marshmallows and candy melts in bowls to make it easier. Now it’s time to decorate your cupcakes.
To decorate your cupcakes here’s what you do:
- Ice your cupcake in a circular pattern going counter clockwise starting on the outer edge going towards the center like you are making a Santa Hat.
- Next place a mini marshmallow on the peak of the hat.
- Finally using the candy melts to make ears on each side of your “hat”.
- Rinse and repeat until you are done decorating all of your cupcakes.
That’s it, I told you it was super simple! If you need help on how to make the hat just watch the video below.
There you have it, a simple holiday treat the kids will love. You’ll be the hit of the class party this year!