It’s January. Can you believe it’s 2019 already? I swear 2018 just flew on by. I don’t know about you but I’m ready to hit the ground running and have a blast exploring all the fun Pensacola has to offer in 2019. Which is why we put together this list of 31 things to do in Pensacola with Kids in January.
NOTE: the number corresponds with the day of the month and * denotes free admission/event.
- Happy New Year!
- Head over to the Milton Library, 5541 Alabama St, Milton, today for a double feature from 2-6pm. They will be showing the Incredibles 2 at 2pm and Ant Man & the Wasp at 4pm. *
- Lace up your skates and hit the ice with Ice Skating at the Bay Center from 5-6pm. Cost is $12 per person and includes skate rental.
- Bounce houses, playground, petting zoo, and games to play at Forty South Zoo (27257 Glass Rd., Robertsdale) from 10am-2pm for $3 per person with 2 and under being free plus $1 for food cups to feed the animals.
- Kick off Carnival Season with fun and king cake at the Pensacola Mardi Gras Kick Off Celebration at 5pm in Downtown Pensacola. *
- Go feed the birds at Uncle Sandy’s Macaw Bird Park.
- Make pedal powered spin art at Tacky Jacks in Gulf Shores at 10am. The event is free and lunch is not included. *
- Teens can play video games, board games and card games at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St) from 4-5:30pm. *
- Preschoolers can enjoy storytime at the Molino Branch Library (6450-A Highway 95A,) or at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St) at 10:30am. *
- Learn how to paint rocks at the Southwest Branch Library (12248 Gulf Beach Hwy) at 4:30pm. *
- Spend the day playing at Perdido Kids Park. *
- Children ages 3-7 can explore geometry during Questioning Corner at the Pensacola Mess Hall from 10am-noon. The program is included in admission which is $8 per person.
- Watch the planes take off and land at Aviation Discovery Park next to the Pensacola Airport. *
- Relax with a mommy and me baby yoga class at 10:30am at Breath Yoga.
- Children 3-5 can listen to a story, make a healthy snack and create an art project during Story Sprouts from 10am-NOON at Ever’man Cooperative Grocery. *
- Play indoors at one of these Pensacola Indoor Attractions.
- Dress like a pirate or a princess and have an adventure at Pirate and Princess Night at Chick Fil A Gulf Breeze (310 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze)
- January Gallery Night, visit Downtown Pensacola from 5-9pm for some family fun and explore the Pensacola arts culture*
- FREE Community Workout at Anthem Crossfit (9900 N. Palafox St Suite E) from 9-11am. *
- Explore this cute beach park on Pensacola Beach. *
- Annual Martin Luther King, Jr Day Parade in Downtown Pensacola that celebrates the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The parade starts on the corner of Spring and Garden Streets at 11 am*
- Watch The Little Mermaid with the family at Tryon Branch Library (1200 Langley Ave) at 4pm. *
- Visit one of these fun Museums in Pensacola.
- Learn how to make stop action videos during Family STEAM Night at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St.) 6pm. *
- Homeschoolers can learn about robotics and coding at the Tryon Branch Library (1200 Langley Ave) at 10:30am. *
- School aged children can practice reading with a pet friend at the Southwest Branch Library (12248 Gulf Beach Hwy) 10am. Pre Registration is requested, call 850-453-7780 to register. *
- Visit the Naval Aviation Museum and have fun playing on the playground and pretending your a pilot. *
- Children ages 6-12 can learn about Russia through arts and crafts during Passport to the World at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St) at 4pm. *
- Children ages 2-12 can listen to a story about conquering bad dreams and make dream jars at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St) at 6pm. *
- Take a nature walk, we have a few suggestions in our 100 + Thing to Do In Pensacola With Kids post.
- Children ages 6-11 can design and color their own shirt at the Pensacola Library (239 N. Spring St) at 6pm. Please bring your own shirt. *
Have a great January!