Hello, December! It’s here y’all, The official “Holiday Season”! You know, the time frame when I don’t look like a weirdo blaring my NKOTB Christmas album with reindeer antlers on my minibus, in Snowman leggings. I can imagine this looks odd in July for those of you who don’t know me super well. However, for those of you that do, I understand why we always take separate cars. It’s ok. Although you should know, Santa just drove by a Giant Menorah on a float, so I’m definitely an insignificant distraction these days. Have fun enjoying our 31 Things To Do In New Orleans In December sponsored by Rapid Urgent Care.
* Denotes the event is FREE, and the number coincides with the date.
- School aged girls create homemade gifts using innovative STEM techniques at Girls Innovation Studios: Handmade Holidays. Events take place under the John E. Kushner Pavilion at the National WWII Museum.*
- Catch special Chanukah throws as the Chabad-Mobile Menorah Parade rolls followed by a super after party.*
- Bring the fur-babies to be part of the Santa picture too at Oakwood Mall’s Pet Night.
- Take your picture with Santa and grab a bite while you’re at the Velvet Cactus.*
- Be serenaded with carols in the St. Louis Cathedral during the Christmas New Orleans Style Concert Series.*
- Experience the next generation of family friendly spectaculars at LUNA Fête. The merging of art, tech, community, film and architecture give you an unforgettable light sensation.*
- It’s Movie Night at the Old Metairie Garden Club. Come screens a holiday favorite, Home Alone.*
- Ready for “reindeer games”, crafts, a hot breakfast and Santa? Mount Carmel Academy has the perfect morning planned for you and your family! Come over to the Duplantis Gym to experience the excitement at Breakfast with St. Nick.
- Learn top secret holiday recipes during Cooking with Mrs. Claus at the New Orleans School of Cooking.
- Decorate cookies and have takes Selfies with Santa at Rouses Markets (4500 Tchoupitoulas) from 5:30-7pm. Cost is $5.
- Check out what Holiday fun Kenner Christmas Village has to offer. (November 25th- December 30th)
- Get your photo taken with the famous 7th Ward Chocolate Santa at the Pythian Market. This is a Cash Only Event!
- Even the animals are lit up this holiday season at the new Zoo Lights. The event features live entertainment, selfie photo ops galore, snacks and “Polar Pics” with Santa. In addition craft tents provide materials to write letters to kids in Children’s Hospital or donate a gift of Hope, Joy or Love to patients. Finally, bring in unwanted holiday lights for recycling for the “Lights for Lions”.(Nov.23rd-25th/29th-30th/Dec.1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th-23rd, 26th-30th)
- Go “Dashing Through The Dome” and receive a free ticket to the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 15th. Dashers also receive a t-shirt and refreshments. While you’re there, bring a donation for the Toys for Tots collection.
- Have Breakfast with Santa at Dave and Busters.
- Become part of the NOLA tradition that’s the “highlight of the Holiday Season” when you go Caroling in Jackson Square.*
- Have a spot of Tea with Papa Noel at the Ritz-Carlton.(Dec.2nd-Dec.24th)
- Have your car seat checked to make sure it’s fitted correctly and safely for FREE at the Parenting Center at Children’s Hospital from 9-11am.
- See the twinkling lights, have a ball and be a part of a time honored tradition at Celebration in the Oaks. (Nov.30th-Dec.23rd/Dec.25th-Dec.30th/Jan1st)
- Enjoy the Holiday Spectacular, The Stompers Save Christmas. Santa had such a great time at Jazz Fest, that he never returned to the North Pole. It’s up to the 610 Stompers to save the day.
- Experience the magic of the Miracle on Fulton Street starting at 6pm with hourly snowfall and live music.(Nov.30th-Dec.26th)
- Have a Jazz Brunch with Santa at the Court of Two Sisters.(Dec.21st-Dec.22nd)
- Mingle with Santa and his elves, as well as have some food and fun at the Reveillon Ring-A-Long Festival in Bayou Metairie Park.*
- Head out to the Bonfires on the levee in Gramercy, Lutcher and Paulina. You can take the quick drive yourself, or hop on a Grayline tour. Either way, help light the path for Papa Noel.
- MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- See Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at the Saenger.
- Take the family to Christmas in the Park at Lafreniere.(Nov.30th-Dec.30th)
- Take a Holiday Hayride with lights and the story of a Cajun Christmas at Christmas in the Crevasse in LaPlace. This event benefits the Therapeutic Riding Center which provides horse therapy for children and adults with disabilities. (Nov. 22nd- Dec.30th)
- Enjoy a post Christmas Holiday Tea at the Windsor Court Hotel.(Nov.23rd-Dec.31st)
- Ice Skate, have a snowball fight, slide down a snow hill, bring life to a giant snow globe and so much more at NOLA ChristmasFest. You can also schedule special events like Breakfast with Santa, as well as Birthday Parties and Ice Skating Lessons, all at the Convention Center. (Dec.20th-31st)
- Ring in the New Year at The Louisiana Children’s Museum with the Kids’ Countdown to Noon.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! WE HOPE YOU HAVE A MAGICAL MONTH!
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats ailments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a strained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.